Question Is my 3070 broken ?

Jul 12, 2022
Hello

I have just moved to Japan from Europe and my PC won't boot completely. All fans are turning, led are working but I can't manage to have any display.

While dismounting my PC I notice that my GPU is a bit damaged do you think it is the issue ?
20220712-195638.jpg

Jul 12, 2022
Yes I did transported my PC with the card installed (not the brightest idea)the middle wall seems a bit hurt :( but what suprises me is that the fans of the GPUs are turning when the PC is on
20220714-080934.jpg

Jul 12, 2022
If you have the ability, test the GPU in another capable rig, or perhaps the other PCI slot if you mobo has one. I suggest that the damage show in the other pic wiped this slot out.
Ok thank you, I'll check if i can plug in into the second pcie but I am not sure.
It's weird though that the fans are running, it would mean the port is only half busted ?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's weird though that the fans are running, it would mean the port is only half busted ?
That alone doesn't mean anything. Try the gpu in another PC as already suggested, and we'll know for sure, because another fault that happens from transporting gpus like that is cracking the PCB.
If it comes on in another PC, then you've avoided a worst case scenario; that motherboard should be much cheaper to replace.

Last edited:

ötzi

Proper
Apr 2, 2022
Yes I did transported my PC with the card installed (not the brightest idea)the middle wall seems a bit hurt :(

unfortunately you found out the hard way... Did you try the second PCI-E slot? Looks like you have a Gigabyte Aorus B550M Elite? The second slot is "only" 4X but okay to check if the card is damaged, the PCI-E slot, or both.