Question Is my 3070 underperforming

Feb 19, 2022
Hello, It seems like my 3070 is underperforming my 2070 and in many cases, the same level as my 1050 with a single fan on exact same settings.

It is an RTX 3070 ROG White edition. I contacted Asus directly since iv heard 5 times strange noises from the semi-transistors on the backplate. I took their advice and reinstalled everything on my computer.
It seems like that solved the suspicious sounds but it still underperforming compared to setups with the exact same specs.

In Rainbow six siege for example. It performs on max 210 fps while the exact same specs and a different 3070 in my friend's computer perform on the average as you expect. 300/3014
He runs an RTX 3070 XC3.

The specs that are the same are:
Ryzen 3700X
32GB DDR4 memory at 3200MHZ
850 watt PSU
----------------------

And ofc the RTX 3070.

Is my case strong enough here to contact the retailer and demand a different card or replacement for it?

Would love some feedback on the matter.

Feb 19, 2022
[
what exact make & model and how long has it been in use?
Hello, Its the 850 watt PSU from corsair
Hello, It seems like my 3070 is underperforming my 2070 and in many cases, the same level as my 1050 with a single fan on exact same settings.

It is an RTX 3070 ROG White edition. I contacted Asus directly since iv heard 5 times strange noises from the semi-transistors on the backplate. I took their advice and reinstalled everything on my computer.
It seems like that solved the suspicious sounds but it still underperforming compared to setups with the exact same specs.

In Rainbow six siege for example. It performs on max 210 fps while the exact same specs and a different 3070 in my friend's computer perform on the average as you expect. 300/3014
He runs an RTX 3070 XC3.

The specs that are the same are:
Ryzen 3700X
32GB DDR4 memory at 3200MHZ
850 watt PSU
----------------------

And ofc the RTX 3070.

Is my case strong enough here to contact the retailer and demand a different card or replacement for it?

Would love some feedback on the matter.
Its a corsair RMX 850 white gold

Its a corsair RMX 850
they are very reliable so i wouldn't blame a failing or inadequate PSU, yet.

there's a small chance that there could some conflict of data with leftover drivers/settings from the previous card(s).
try running DDU in Windows Safe-Mode and removing everything graphics related.
then reinstall the latest driver package directly from Nvidia, without GeForce Experience.

Feb 19, 2022
they are very reliable so i wouldn't blame a failing or inadequate PSU, yet.

there's a small chance that there could some conflict of data with leftover drivers/settings from the previous card(s).
try running DDU in Windows Safe-Mode and removing everything graphics related.
then reinstall the latest driver package directly from Nvidia, without GeForce Experience.
I think that cant be the case, I have tested my friend 3070 and it gave better performance

I think that cant be the case
just return it to the retailer then if you're not willing to try to fix any possible issue.

or contact ASUS for RMA support.
it's possible that they will deem the card is in fine working order and will charge for shipping and/or inspection services.
or they will deem you have a faulty unit and will send you a used/refurbished model for replacement.