Question is my 3600 ryzen hot ?

Dec 7, 2019
guys i have 39-40 idle and 44-45 when browsing while 78-80 while gaming .... is this temp safe guys ? i have sutters and lags when gaming cause of cpu temps

Dec 7, 2019
i am thinking to buy a cryorig h7 for my ryzen or evo 212 something like that ...thats strange beacause a friend of mine has the 5 1600 and he doesnt go over 65 and idle 29-33 ...

SlugBugBuddy

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
guys i have 39-40 idle and 44-45 when browsing while 78-80 while gaming .... is this temp safe guys ? i have sutters and lags when gaming cause of cpu temps
Did you use the thermal paste that came pre-applied to the CPU heatsink? if so, maybe try getting paste with a better thermal impendence or conductivity

70-80c is TECHNICALLY safe, but in the long run if you're planning on keeping this CPU for awhile and ever plan to overclock at all, you might want to consider an proactive move twords cooling solutions

If you're not satisfied with those temps, which I know I would be, seeing as the Max operating temp for a Ryzen 5 3600 is 95c and you're getting pretty close, maybe get some ARCTIC MX-4, either just to re-apply, or use for any cooling upgrades V V V

Also make sure you have a good airflow system for your case. The ambient temperature of your room and case greatly affects the CPUs temps under a load.

if you do end up getting something better, I would suggest a Noctua Tower cooler, or a Dark Rock Pro 4
Noctua V
https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NH-U1...rds=noctua+tower+cooler&qid=1575804284&sr=8-4
Dark Rock Pro 4 V
https://www.amazon.com/quiet-Dark-R...ds=Tower+cooler+dark+4&qid=1575804338&sr=8-26

If your case supports raditaors, whether 120mm, 240mm, 260mm, or 360mm, I would suggest an AIO cooler like the Corsair H115i V V V
https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-H115...?keywords=Corsair+H115i&qid=1575804690&sr=8-2

Edit: Also, Welcome to Tom's Hardware my friend! I hope you find all the help you need for any future issues or questions

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
i am thinking to buy a cryorig h7 for my ryzen or evo 212 something like that ...thats strange beacause a friend of mine has the 5 1600 and he doesnt go over 65 and idle 29-33 ...
It's a 3000 series, not a 1000 series, the temps are higher.

Top-end Air in order of performance gathered from about 20 reviewers and many forum posts across many different tech sites.

CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i v2 $95 (-2°C) "AIO"
Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT $80 (-1°C)
DH15 $89 ( Ryzen 3600 under load 70°C) My Base Cooler for comparison.
FSP Windale 6 $45 (+/- 1 °C )
NZXT Kraken X52 240mm $130 (+1°C ) "AIO"
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B $48 (+2°C )
Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power $50 (+2°C)
Thermaltake NiC C5 $52 (+2°C)
Scythe Ninja 5 $60 (+2°C)
Enermax ETS-T50 Axe $65 (+2°C)
Thermalright Macho Direct $45(+3°C )
Cryorig H7 Plus $60 (+3°C )
Dark Rock Pro 4 $89 (+4°C )
DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX GT $30 (+4°C )
CRYORIG H7 Quad $52 (+4°C )
MasterAir Pro 4 $40 (+4°C )
ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO $40 (+6°C )

Enjoy, I'm sure there is something in that list you will like as they all are capable of staying well below the thermal point where Ryzen chips drop the Turbo to stock.

I would only consider an AIO if your Case is tiny the benefits on a non overclocked chip outweigh the cost for a good one.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
A cheap but really good option picking up a 212 with a extra 120 fan and slap it on there. I get up to 4.1 Boost clock with it. and it is really quiet

I have a couple of issues with that. ;)

1. Adding another fan, at least a decent one with high static pressure now gets you in the price range of coolers that offer better performance for the same price of the unit plus the added fan.

2. Mismatching fans don't equate to better performance because you you have to balance fan speeds and find that happy medium which results in a max of a few degree difference.

3. Replacing both fans with the best out there "$46 just for the fans" only garners you a max 4°C increase in performance on any 212 unit.

4. Adding a fan with the Rear Exhaust still in place gains you next to nothing.

Basically, the best of the 212 lines in any configuration is still less of a performer than a MasterAir Pro 4 $40 "$4 more expensive" and you can see how I listed what is better from that point on.

I have a 3600 it runs at about 65c when playing red dead redemption 2 on high settings that's with the stock cooler. May try a different thermal paste then see what numbers you get.
Then you have a one of a kind Chip/Cooler.

3600hot.jpg

When I said this is common, across the 20 initial reviews and countless Reddit threads and even Tom's this is a common complaint. Temps seem better across X570 boards but I believe that has to do with much better optimization around the chip that includes better fan profiles.

I have an X370 myself and with the stock cooler regardless of what I did, it hit 80°C for a few seconds until I used the Wraith Prism. The Prism could keep the temps down under a stress test just fine but it also added an annoying noise that my open-backed headphones seemed to amplify. :tired:

The Ryzen 1600's stock heat sink is about twice the height of the 3600's, and includes a copper vapor chamber. Also, while the 3600 utilizes a more efficient 7nm manufacturing process, it's also clocked higher, countering some of those efficiency gains in favor of additional performance.

I doubt changing thermal compound would make any significant difference. A reasonably priced aftermarket tower cooler like a Hyper 212, Cryorig H7 or Freezer 34 might be a decent option if you want a CPU cooler that runs quieter and cooler under load though.

What kind of case fans does the system have though? And what are the system's complete specs, including the case? It could just be that there isn't enough airflow running through you case to clear out the heat your components are outputting, particularly if you happen to have a relatively power-hungry graphics card.

blackmustang182

Honorable
Nov 19, 2014
I have a couple of issues with that. ;)

1. Adding another fan, at least a decent one with high static pressure now gets you in the price range of coolers that offer better performance for the same price of the unit plus the added fan.

2. Mismatching fans don't equate to better performance because you you have to balance fan speeds and find that happy medium which results in a max of a few degree difference.

3. Replacing both fans with the best out there "$46 just for the fans" only garners you a max 4°C increase in performance on any 212 unit.

4. Adding a fan with the Rear Exhaust still in place gains you next to nothing.

Basically, the best of the 212 lines in any configuration is still less of a performer than a MasterAir Pro 4 $40 "$4 more expensive" and you can see how I listed what is better from that point on.

Then you have a one of a kind Chip/Cooler.

3600hot.jpg

When I said this is common, across the 20 initial reviews and countless Reddit threads and even Tom's this is a common complaint. Temps seem better across X570 boards but I believe that has to do with much better optimization around the chip that includes better fan profiles.

I have an X370 myself and with the stock cooler regardless of what I did, it hit 80°C for a few seconds until I used the Wraith Prism. The Prism could keep the temps down under a stress test just fine but it also added an annoying noise that my open-backed headphones seemed to amplify. :tired:

pgQDOv.jpg

granted im not moving in game but top for me was 67c and the case i have right now is a hot box specially with a rtx 2070 super getting upwards of 70c which ive manged to get it down to about 65c ish with the door open til i manage to get another case