[SOLVED] Is my 450 80+ white enough

Jun 21, 2021
Hey guys quick question. Is my 450 80+ white enough for an i5 10400f paired with a gtx 1070?

I've been using this PSU for 3 years now and it has been pretty good. I used this one with a g4600 paired with a 1050ti system. Currently, I'm using a 1070 with my g4600 and no issues so far. I'm planning on buying the i5 10400f so I was wondering if it's gonna be alright if I do not upgrade my PSU.

If not do you guys suggest I should buy a 550 80+bronze or simply go with the i3 10100f or r3 3100?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
It would be smart to upgrade, not only in wattage, but efficiency as well.

Look at the cost of the new mobo, new CPU, maybe some RAM. Compare that cost to the price of a good PSU, AND having to replace the aforementioned parts. Consider the price of that used 1070 as well....When PSU fail they often take things with them. I wouldn't do it and I am absolutely a fan of using old working equipment where possible.

I suggest a good quality 500W or middling to lower quality on a 600+ unit.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador

Look at the cost of the new mobo, new CPU, maybe some RAM. Compare that cost to the price of a good PSU, AND having to replace the aforementioned parts. Consider the price of that used 1070 as well....When PSU fail they often take things with them. I wouldn't do it and I am absolutely a fan of using old working equipment where possible.

Reactions: Xtarget_21
Solution
Hey guys quick question. Is my 450 80+ white enough for an i5 10400f paired with a gtx 1070?

I've been using this PSU for 3 years now and it has been pretty good. I used this one with a g4600 paired with a 1050ti system. Currently, I'm using a 1070 with my g4600 and no issues so far. I'm planning on buying the i5 10400f so I was wondering if it's gonna be alright if I do not upgrade my PSU.

If not do you guys suggest I should buy a 550 80+bronze or simply go with the i3 10100f or r3 3100?

Thanks in advance!

"White" and "Bronze" are merely efficiency levels. They are not make, models, nor are they a gauge of quality.

Reactions: Xtarget_21
Jun 21, 2021

Yeah, I think I'll upgrade thanks for the reply. Is gigabyte P650B good?