Question Is my 6800xt broken? or am i just stupid? no leds when plugging it in.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JM_1__

Honorable
Jan 26, 2017
I have teh gigabyte oc 6800xt. it works fine been gaming for 3 days straight no crashes or hangs.. but im annoyed i can't see the led .. no led i switched the bios switch from silent to oc still no led. how do i get this led to turn on..

im using b550 tuf gaming mobo.. and isn't it supposed to be plug and play.

DSzymborski

Titan
Gigabyte's software is quite uncooperative generally and there have been reported RGB issues with the Aorus software with recent cards. I've personally had occasional issues with getting my Gigabyte 3070 to show up in RGB Fusion (on my old rig). Note that you may be waiting for a while to get a replacement getting the production problems, if you RMA it. I'd recommend not worrying about until such time as an RMA wouldn't leave you without a card for a month.

Reactions: white.a.drew

JM_1__

Honorable
Jan 26, 2017
definately not the psu.. i just replaced the psu right now with a 750 watts one.. seasonsics s11 bronze.

while i was taking the system apart..

i noticed all the plugs were complete on teh gpu board.. so it must definately beeee a defective LED.. or a software issue of some sort..

ive updated the bios to the to latest one.. still no lights..