Question Is my AIO air flow configuration okay ?

Froggystylin

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019
Okay so I have a corsair 7000d and I have my 2 fans in the front and the one in the back but I also have two AIOs, one for my GPU which is mounted on the side of my case with the air blowing out, and the other AIO for my CPU which is mounted in the top of the case with air blowing out. Is that airflow configuration okay ?

Froggystylin

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019
what if I use the 2 radiators for the exhaust but move the back fan as an intake with the front fans to try to get more air in I just feel like I have way too many exhaust fans and not enough intake fans Im not sure if thats a thing but still you never know so yea

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
what if I use the 2 radiators for the exhaust but move the back fan as an intake with the front fans to try to get more air in I just feel like I have way too many exhaust fans and not enough intake fans Im not sure if thats a thing but still you never know so yea
More like, you've given yourself too many options. You don't HAVE to fill up every optional space.
Cooling is doable on those 2 AIOs alone - just saying.

I have a corsair 7000d and I have my 2 fans in the front and the one in the back but I also have two AIOs, one for my GPU which is mounted on the side of my case with the air blowing out, and the other AIO for my CPU which is mounted in the top of the case with air blowing out.
The side panel has a filter, doesn't it? Remove it, if so; it slightly reduces airflow and 'helps' to keep dust inside the PC.
At least with the top panel, it helps keep dust out - when you're not using the PC, at least.

Can't win for losing; there's no right way to spin this no matter how you set it up.
As you currently have it: Gpu cooler gets air from the front, and that goes out the side.
Cpu cooler is fighting with both the rear fan and the gpu cooler. It probably gets very little room air - or maybe negative pressure is at play, IF the case has the gaps to create that scenario.
Some cases have too many open gaps that they can't be set up to either positive or negative - not without some physical modifications...

As for your last post: Well, it'd supply the cpu cooler with some more room air, but it would bring in more dust from the back. All the more reason to remove the top panel filter.

Froggystylin

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019
yea the temps seem to be fine they get like maybe high 40s when playin games just tryin to make sure I have the most optimal airflow goin is all because I know keepin things cool increase the longevity of the computer itself but I appreciate everybodys feedback on it