Question Is my AIO enough? Hot CPU

Apr 26, 2023
My CPU is idling from 70c-80c according to HWiNFO Core Package measurement. When gaming it gets into the 90's. I'll put my build below but after rechecking my wiring, I'm wondering if my AIO is enough? Or is it something else?

MB: MSI Pro Z790-A
CPU: i7-13700k (not OC'd)
GPU: MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 3070
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance DDR5 5600
PSU: Corsair RM850e
AIO: MSI MAG Series CORELIQUID P240

Also, case fans...
2 - 140mm front intake fans
1 - 120mm back exhaust fan
2 - 120mm exhaust fans attached to top mounted AIO

Also, there are not environmental issues. It's in a cool house, out of direct sunlight with space around it for airflow.
Any recommendations?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Another MAG Coreliquid...
Since the pump is located in the radiator on this model, you've been burning it up by having the radiator installed in the roof of the case.
The MAGs are also prone to clogging much earlier than they should. Version 2 should have fixed this, but you still shouldn't install the radiator in the roof.

You can try moving to the front of the case if there's room - or an RMA if it's still in warranty, but I think you'll end up having to buy a different brand of cooler anyway with the latter option.

ilukey77

Reputable
Jan 30, 2021
My advice look at a 280mm arctic freezer ii at the very least maybe even a 360mm !!
I swear by arctic for the price and the performance they are the best of the best ( just not the prettiest )

the 13700k can be a hot cpu but 70c at idle is bad

Also not to sound rude as much as just a possibility check to see if the peel sticker might still be on AIO ( easily forgotten ) or maybe repaste and see what temps you are then getting !