Question Is my AIO pump defective?

Mar 19, 2020
Opening google chrome made the CPU load extremely high
CPU temps are extremely high when idle as well
Cold air is coming out of the exhaust instead of warm air, I am using the push method.
I just bought the Noctua fans yesterday to replace the old fans on my radiator because it's running extremely loud like a jet
Should I replace my AIO?

https://imageshack.com/i/pogGLQSkp

Last edited:
Just wanted to see how your system is doing.
I run noctua fans on my 3x corsairs also.
On all 3 systems the rads are up top and fans are as exhaust with pump speeds always on max.
The fan speeds on 2 ryzen systems h110i run about 1400 to 1600 rpm. Idle
The 3rd system is a fx 6300 h100i v2 and fan speeds range 1200 to 1600 rpm idle

When i stress test on my r5 3600x I kick the fans to max.
The rest of the time they are set on performance.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Your screen shot says Corsair Link reports the pump speed as 2040 RPM. That does not sound very slow to me, but I don't have one and am NOT sure what its max speed is. Their website does not give that spec.

Within Corsair Link do you have a screen where you can SET the pump speed, or is it always some pre-set value? If you do have such a setting, see if you can change it.

Now, IF the pump speed already is at max but cooling is still poor, there MIGHT have been some loss of cooling fluid. See if you can reach into the case when it is running and feel the two hoses that run from the pump to the radiator and back. Especially check them near the rad. One should be much warmer than the other - not hot, but noticeably different. If they are not very different, you may have poor coolant flow. That could come from loss of liquid, OR from worn pump parts that don't pump even when the pump motor is turning at normal speed. In that case, check with Corsair Tech Support for advice.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Thnaks for that link. From that it is clear that one CAN change the pump speed in some manner, and I'm sure that is by using the screens of the iCue software utility. Since that discussion covered several different Corsair AIO systems it is not clear exactly what choices are available, but there appear to be more than just slow-and-quiet and full-speed. So, OP, look in iCue to set the pump speed you want.

From his screenshot he is using corsair link 4.

On 2 of my systems I use corsair link 4 and 1 system is Icue .

On the 2 running cl4 it has quit and performance for pump speeds choices.
On the icue i still have it at extreme which is still near equal to performance of the cl4.

Using c l 4 dbl click on the pump a new box will appear in the upper left drop down box chose performance then click apply
then Ok.
The pump rpm will then speed up.

The only reason my son's system is running Icue is that system is used with the corsar void rgb wireless gaming headset.
The other 2 do not.
Most newer corsair aio's use the icue software regardless of any other corsair products being used, because of rgb, but
C L 4 can be used if the fans are not Rgb and the pump rgb will have limited control.

Personally to me using both softwares the c l4 gives better control but it has very limited control over rgb,
Thats where icue has the control but less options for pump and fan speeds.

Wish Corsair could have combined the 2 better.