[SOLVED] Is my ASUS m61m-k motherboard compatible with gtx 1060 6gb?

Jan 5, 2019
I have gone through some websites which have clearly stated that gtx 1060 6gb is compatible with my ASUS H61m-k motherboard (which uses a dd3 memory). I just wanna upgrade my GPU from a Gtx 1050 which I am currently using on the same motherboard...However some staff from computer stores told me that 1060 isn't compatible with my motherboard...I'm confused...is it or isn't it compatible....??

Solution
A 1060 4gb? Never heard of that, thought there was only 3gb and 6gb models. That motherboard will support a 1060, however again I have never heard of a 4gb version of a 1060. Any somewhat modern motherboard with a PCIE X16 slot should be compatible with any PCIE X16 GPU.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
A 1060 4gb? Never heard of that, thought there was only 3gb and 6gb models. That motherboard will support a 1060, however again I have never heard of a 4gb version of a 1060. Any somewhat modern motherboard with a PCIE X16 slot should be compatible with any PCIE X16 GPU.

Solution
You should read my whole comment but for short: yeah, it is compatiable

for long xD:

there are no compatibility issues with mobo to gpu, but ill just tell ya off the bat, dont upgrade from a 1050 to a 1060. most likely you are to feel very minimal improvement as the best cpu to go into that mobo will bottleneck your gpu, if you have a 3rd gen i7 in there, I bet the cpu is making the most out of the gpu (the 1050) but anymore will just bottleneck the gpu. if you want to upgrade, I would suggest upgrading mobo and cpu first, do it now with the last on the shelf z370 and gen 8 processors which are currently very cheap. you wont feel much of a boost in gaming, a couple of frames here a couples of frames there, BUT it will be a solid backing for any future upgrades, as it seems tho ddr4 isn't going anywhere for atleast a year and a half and so is the 1151v2 socket.

im pretty sure a 4gb is one of the new ones? theyre gonna make like 15 varients of the 1060/2060... they know its the best selling one and try to milk people to buy the better ones instead