[SOLVED] is my build suitable for a 3080?

Nov 1, 2019
I am looking to upgrade from my 1070 and I want to make sure that everything is compatible/without bottleneck.

my current build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TjtFBZ

For reference, I am aiming for 1440p 144 Hz for triple A releases.

From what I understand, the main issue is the 550W power supply. Should I at least try if it will handle the 3080, or should I upgrade straight away to a 650/750W PSU to avoid any potential trouble?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
What you SHOULD do, if you plan to run a 3000 series card, is WAIT, until we actually KNOW something about what to expect from this architecture and that means waiting until the reviews are in on the aftermarket models.

Right now, is simply a paper launch. We literally know NOTHING except for paper specs at the moment. Ask again in two months, or after reviews are released, whichever comes first.
What you SHOULD do, if you plan to run a 3000 series card, is WAIT, until we actually KNOW something about what to expect from this architecture and that means waiting until the reviews are in on the aftermarket models.

Right now, is simply a paper launch. We literally know NOTHING except for paper specs at the moment. Ask again in two months, or after reviews are released, whichever comes first.

Solution
Sep 13, 2020
Indeed you should wait until the reviews are out, not only for the new Ampere but also for Big Navi.
Other than that, 1440p shifts the demand more towards the GPU so you should be fine as far as the CPU and RAM is concerned, however your PSU is a 550 W one. Gold graded but none the less it will only generate a maximum of 480 W constantly, which is a bit on the low end and less than the amount NVIDIA recommends.