Is my card gpu clock meant to be this high ? 1080 ti founders edition

ravndal15

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
Hi guys .
I'm new to this but have been studying and learning . I'm looking to overclock my gtx 1080 ti as with 100% fan running in stress test full load the temp is 55 degrees .. I downloaded EVGA Precision and launched a game to see what my stats are with nothing overclocked yet and am wondering why in game it shows my gpu clock at 1886 MHz ? Is this normal ? I am under the impression my card is 1480MHz base clock with a 1582MHz boost clock . Doesn't this mean it shouldn't go higher then the 1582 MHz ? Here is my card and the details are there ?

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/38150

Solution
Nvidia's Pascal and Maxwell cards have an automatic OC that seems to run the card as fast as it can within certain limits. The better you cool the card the longer it will keep the higher clock speeds. You can see this on review sites that show the clock speed over time. If I remember correctly the 1080 when it came out would keep a really high clock speed for about 3 minutes then drop down to around where the boost clock is for the rest of the time. So yeah this is normal but it probably won't stay at 1886mhz for very long.

caqde

Distinguished
Nvidia's Pascal and Maxwell cards have an automatic OC that seems to run the card as fast as it can within certain limits. The better you cool the card the longer it will keep the higher clock speeds. You can see this on review sites that show the clock speed over time. If I remember correctly the 1080 when it came out would keep a really high clock speed for about 3 minutes then drop down to around where the boost clock is for the rest of the time. So yeah this is normal but it probably won't stay at 1886mhz for very long.

Solution

ravndal15

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012

Ahahhh thank you for clarifying that one up to me friend . Feeling more comfortable now