Is my computer capable of running at 4K?

Gaming Freak

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
Hello all, I recently ordered the parts to complete my PC upgrade and I started to wonder about how well my PC will run in the future. Since 4K seems to be the future, I was wondering if my PC will be able to run 4K and how well will it run. Thanks!

Here is my build:
AMD FX 8350
MSI Radeon R9 290
8GB RAM
SeaSonic 850w
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
1TB Hard-drive
250GB Hard-drive

Solution
Run 4k? Yes.
Run it well?

Just some examples:
The 290 can hit ultra settings (no AA) in BF4 at 23FPS, 13 in Crysis 3 ultra, and 34 (no AA) in tomb raider.

Overall, its a bit light for 4k gaming, I would stick to 1440p. 4k may be the "future", but that time isnt now.
Run 4k? Yes.
Run it well?

Just some examples:
The 290 can hit ultra settings (no AA) in BF4 at 23FPS, 13 in Crysis 3 ultra, and 34 (no AA) in tomb raider.

Overall, its a bit light for 4k gaming, I would stick to 1440p. 4k may be the "future", but that time isnt now.

Solution

Trolling_Cyborg

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
Honestly it depends on what you plan of doing with your computer. If you just plan on using an internet browser and using Facebook then sure it is completely fine. If you plan on gaming on it in 4k well that's a different story. Playing a graphics intensive game like Bf4 or DayZ will most assuredly not run fine on your rig. However, if you play less intensive games like League of Legends and CS:GO then it should be fine.