Is my computer dead?

glenwong

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
Hi,
I've recently upgraded my pc and it was great, ran well and everything, but then it started crashing everytime I played game, it had trouble posting and booting up everytime it would crash, I would get debug code on my motherboard while it was screaming at me and now looks like no power is going through because it won't even turn on, my power button on my case don't do nothing, no fan spin, no light(not even the case's leds), no nothing. I've made an other thread explaining more indept the problems the machine was having before it died on me and also my current specs are on there.

Thanks you.

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
First off, you should keep everything in one thread. Splitting them up makes it worse for fellow experts. Maybe an admin will merge them. Secondly, what are your specs? If you bought it, the model of the system.

glenwong

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017

I've built it myself
Specs:
-gigabyte z370 aorus gaming 5 mb
-i5 8600k. cpu
-corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4 @ 3000mhz ram
-evga gtx 1060 ssc 6gb gpu
-seasonic g-series 550w psu

glenwong

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017

Yeah i would think so too that the power supply might be fried(which would be sad because its 4 months old)or not powerful enough. The thing is that I went on the official seasonic website where they had a power supply calcutor where you would select your components and it would tell you what kind of wattage your pc would use, mine supposedly would use less than 400w and my psu is 550w (and not a cheapo one). Well thanks anyway for your answer.