Question Is my computer/gmail compromised?

yargd

Commendable
Jan 9, 2021
My Youtube.com logo just shows NG on the right of it. NG is code for Nigeria. It appears on all browsers, and all gmail accounts.

I ran Avast and Malwarebyte Free, but no threat was found. My emails have 2 step authentication. I'm using www.youtube.com not any other alias.

I'm scared. Please advise.

kEt3cgL.png

have you tried changing it? it is quite simple by clicking on your initials (or avatar) in top right corner and from dropdown, choosing different localtion.

why it has chosen nigeria for you, no idea.
Google and youtube should default to where your usual IP is, allowing them to possibly try to target video's/such better, I don't know.
ZNPi07z.png

Reactions: yargd

yargd

Commendable
Jan 9, 2021
have you tried changing it? it is quite simple by clicking on your initials (or avatar) in top right corner and from dropdown, choosing different localtion.

why it has chosen nigeria for you, no idea.
Google and youtube should default to where your usual IP is, allowing them to possibly try to target video's/such better, I don't know.
ZNPi07z.png

Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to change it back to USA, but why does it auto change to NG? I know NG has the highest scam rate in the world. This is very strange!

Honestly? I don't know. I know it is supposed to be based on how you set it or how google detects it, through things you use google account on, like desktop, laptop or phone.

I don't use vpn's myself but if you do, google might have decided "unknown" and chosen on random.
also it should be based on phone's localtion history.
so go to gmail, open account settings data&privacy, localtion history.

and if that is on, see where google thinks your phone has been. It is far more likely this is just some random hiccup than compromised computer/account/phone though.