Question Is my configuration good for gaming and video editing?

i76700hquser

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
Hi, i will get my pc in August, i want to ask you if i can play some games like BeamNG, GTA V and Minecraft at 1080p medium settings, at least at 30fps or more:

I5 4590 3.30GHz 3.70GHz 4C/4T
R9 380
Gigabyte PSU 500w
4x2GB Ram DDR3 1333MHz
MSI H81M-P33
500GB HDD + 80GB HDD + 120GB SSD

Thanks. (Posted in wrong category, if a mod can change, thanks).

Lutfij

Titan
That PSU will need a model for us to approve of it. You're seriously underpowered if you want to game on that platform, you should ideally be on DDR3-1600MHz dual channel rams and the GPU is power hungry, which leads me to my first concern about your PSU.

i second the power hungry gpu, i had the r9 280x and needed a 650W psu to properly power that one
(combined with a i7)
Cpu wise you should be able to game without much issues - given what your expectations are

Ram could be better though - the mobo only allows for two sticks of ram
I agree that faster ram would be better, but it would still be better if you could put in bigger sticks (if possible)

i76700hquser

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
i second the power hungry gpu, i had the r9 280x and needed a 650W psu to properly power that one
(combined with a i7)
Cpu wise you should be able to game without much issues - given what your expectations are

Ram could be better though - the mobo only allows for two sticks of ram
I agree that faster ram would be better, but it would still be better if you could put in bigger sticks (if possible)
That PSU will need a model for us to approve of it. You're seriously underpowered if you want to game on that platform, you should ideally be on DDR3-1600MHz dual channel rams and the GPU is power hungry, which leads me to my first concern about your PSU.
The PC will be free (from an familiar) the psu is a GigaByte G5-N500A-C2.
I'm thinking if this will be an upgrade over my laptop Ideapad 700 i7. Will i be really underpowered?

If the pc works for the current owner - it should work for you, you might not be able to oc the gpu though

A desktop pc like that will certainly be a good step up from gaming on a laptop as laptops work with castrated gpu's and cpu's for heat and power concerns (even the high end ones)