[SOLVED] Is my cooling set up any good?

Jan 15, 2022
Just changed the case for my PC, so I've taken the opportunity to rework some of my fans but I'm unsure if this is the ideal set-up for cooling.

Case - Corsair 4000D
CPU - R5 3600
GPU - MSI RTX 3080TI Gaming Trio

Fans -

AIO - Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT - Top-mounted with fans set to exhaust
Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm x 2 - Front-mounted set to intake
Noctua NF-A14 PWM 120mm x1 - Back-mounted set to exhaust

Essentially I'm just unsure if having the AIO set to exhaust is the best way forward. I could change it to intake, but that would leave the single 120mm fan as the only exhaust on the case.

After that, I'm then unsure what to have the fan curves set to. The Corsair has fan profiles within the iCue which is pretty useful, but should I just leave the Noctuas to a standard curve or adjust them?

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
AIO - Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT - Top-mounted with fans set to exhaust + R5 3600
+
Why do we do these things, eh?
You can do it anyway you want - really doesn't matter unless you observe parts thermal throttling.
But the proposed setup will be less efficient than the AIO as front intake and having the chassis fans as top exhaust. One way or the other, you're going to have heat from some parts feed into the cooler of another part... one of these parts can put out quite a lot more than others though.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Just changed the case for my PC, so I've taken the opportunity to rework some of my fans but I'm unsure if this is the ideal set-up for cooling.

Case - Corsair 4000D
CPU - R5 3600

Fans -

AIO - Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT - Top-mounted with fans set to exhaust
Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm x 2 - Front-mounted set to intake
Noctua NF-A14 PWM 120mm x1 - Back-mounted set to exhaust

Essentially I'm just unsure if having the AIO set to exhaust is the best way forward. I could change it to intake, but that would leave the single 120mm fan as the only exhaust on the case.

After that, I'm then unsure what to have the fan curves set to. The Corsair has fan profiles within the iCue which is pretty useful, but should I just leave the Noctuas to a standard curve or adjust them?

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Looks fine to me.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
AIO - Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT - Top-mounted with fans set to exhaust + R5 3600
+
Why do we do these things, eh?
You can do it anyway you want - really doesn't matter unless you observe parts thermal throttling.
But the proposed setup will be less efficient than the AIO as front intake and having the chassis fans as top exhaust. One way or the other, you're going to have heat from some parts feed into the cooler of another part... one of these parts can put out quite a lot more than others though.

Solution