[SOLVED] Is my cooling setup work?

Apr 16, 2020
I have a case with 3 fans intake in front, 2 exhaust fan on top, 1 exhaust fan in the back and 2 intake fan on the bottom. All of them are 12cm size.
Here is the picture:
View: http://imgur.com/gallery/b7lJ71G

My CPU and GPU temperatues when gaming is respectively around 75 and 65 (max). And when doing normal tasks like browsing, watching movie, ... it will be around 60 and 40 (max).
I also added dust filters for all the fans except those 2 in the bottom.
My first question is will 2 fans at the bottom conflict with 2 fans on the GPU (Asus Cerberus GTX 1050Ti).
My second question is do I really need to have the dust filter for the three fans in the front when there is some space between those fans and the glass front panel?
Here is the picture:
View: http://imgur.com/gallery/Kgx5FC3

I'm new in this area so forgive me if I ask some silly questions. Let me know if you need more information about my PC.

Reactions: bencos2018
Solution
The fan configuration is okay, no need to change anything as the bottom fans will throw air directly at your GPU, then the GPU fans will further propel the air through the GPU's cooler, so it works fine. As for the dust filters, if dust is a big problem where you live, then yeah, you'll need filters in the front as well since most of the dust will probably go through the gap with the air(or at least I think so), but if you don't live in very dusty area you could get by without them as well, you'll just have to clean the PC once in a while.
The fan configuration is okay, no need to change anything as the bottom fans will throw air directly at your GPU, then the GPU fans will further propel the air through the GPU's cooler, so it works fine. As for the dust filters, if dust is a big problem where you live, then yeah, you'll need filters in the front as well since most of the dust will probably go through the gap with the air(or at least I think so), but if you don't live in very dusty area you could get by without them as well, you'll just have to clean the PC once in a while.

Reactions: uglyprince
Solution
Apr 16, 2020
Thank you. My another wonder is could I install AIO cooler on my CPU when it's 1150 socket and my mainboard is H81M-DS2? If yes then is there one that can sync with my coolmoon v2 hub. I want to sync its color with the fans that I already have.

Thank you. My another wonder is could I install AIO cooler on my CPU when it's 1150 socket and my mainboard is H81M-DS2? If yes then is there one that can sync with my coolmoon v2 hub. I want to sync its color with the fans that I already have.
Yes, you can, and yes, the fans on that can be plugged into the fan hub for similar color scheme, but I would recommend against using AIO as they are more expensive, there's always a risk of leakage, and worse of all, offer virtually no performance improvement especially since you cannot overclock the CPU with that motherboard. It would be better to save that money and invest in moving to a newer platform as H81 is, from what I can recall, 4th generation, which is quite old at this point. It'll be a wiser decision in my opinion, and a wiser place to put your money into.

Apr 16, 2020
Is that a new build? Did you buy the GPU and everything at the same time as the fans?

How much did it cost for the 8 RGB fan?
This is my old pc, I just bought the GPU about a month ago to play some games, since my Geforce GT730 is too weak. About the fans, 3 fan with 1 color I was gifted when buying the case. And the 5 RGB fans, a hub and a remote I bought in my country cost about $18 US Dollars.

Reactions: bencos2018
Apr 16, 2020
Yes, you can, and yes, the fans on that can be plugged into the fan hub for similar color scheme, but I would recommend against using AIO as they are more expensive, there's always a risk of leakage, and worse of all, offer virtually no performance improvement especially since you cannot overclock the CPU with that motherboard. It would be better to save that money and invest in moving to a newer platform as H81 is, from what I can recall, 4th generation, which is quite old at this point. It'll be a wiser decision in my opinion, and a wiser place to put your money into.
Yes, I know what you mean but I want it to be the last thing that complete my old pc. Everything else was fine for my needs such as browsing, watching movies, sometimes playing games (which my cpu can heat up to 75 celcius degrees) ...
As you say, since the water cooler has the risk of leaking, will some stock cooler fit with my mainboard and decrease the temperatures?
Sorry if I'm asking too much. I want to clear that before wasting money on something that can do nothing with my temperature.

Yes, I know what you mean but I want it to be the last thing that complete my old pc. Everything else was fine for my needs such as browsing, watching movies, sometimes playing games (which my cpu can heat up to 75 celcius degrees) ...
As you say, since the water cooler has the risk of leaking, will some stock cooler fit with my mainboard and decrease the temperatures?
Sorry if I'm asking too much. I want to clear that before wasting money on something that can do nothing with my temperature.
75C is perfectly fine for a CPU, it's above 85C when things can get dangerous, and even then it's not too much of an impact till CPU starts running at 90C under load. You don't need to invest in a better cooler for a 75C load temperature.

Apr 16, 2020
75C is perfectly fine for a CPU, it's above 85C when things can get dangerous, and even then it's not too much of an impact till CPU starts running at 90C under load. You don't need to invest in a better cooler for a 75C load temperature.
Oh, so that's how the cpu work. I thought it is overheat with 75 degrees so I need to change the origional stock cooler. Thank you for your kind responds. I really appreciate it!