Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
CPU - intel i5 dual core 3 GHz Processor
Motherboard - Gigabyte B250M-D3H
Memory - ADATA Premier DDR4 2400
Storage - 2 500GB HDD's
Powersupply - Zebtronics ZEB-450W
Monitor - Philps 192E 19"

I only have a stock cooler that comes with the processor, do i need more coolers?

Solution
There is nothing wrong with a stock cooler in a stock processor, it runs just fine.

If it makes you feel better I just put in a intel dual core in a computer I built for someone (model escapes my memory right now) with a stock cooler and a case with good ventilation. I couldn't get that thing to run anywhere close to being hot no matter what I did while stress testing it during a heat wave, and making sure the fan wouldn't run at 100% while trying to fine tune it so the computer would be almost silent all the time. You really have nothing to fear.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
There is nothing wrong with a stock cooler in a stock processor, it runs just fine.

If it makes you feel better I just put in a intel dual core in a computer I built for someone (model escapes my memory right now) with a stock cooler and a case with good ventilation. I couldn't get that thing to run anywhere close to being hot no matter what I did while stress testing it during a heat wave, and making sure the fan wouldn't run at 100% while trying to fine tune it so the computer would be almost silent all the time. You really have nothing to fear.

Solution