[SOLVED] Is My Corsair PSU Enough For 3070 RTX? Need Help X_X

Dec 17, 2020
Been searching for hours for a straight answer, and can't get one. Perhaps you fine people can help me out.

I purchased a new video card, the ASUS 3070 RTX Dual Fan OC video card, and I have an old CORSAIR HX750 watt PSU. The question I have is will my PSU be enough for my new video card, and what connectors will I need for it to work? So far, all I know is that the new video card needs two 8 pin connectors, not entirely sure what the other end of those connectors require from the PSU.

Can anyone recommend what extra connectors I may need, or if I need a new PSU all together. Thanks for your time, hopefully someone can help me out here.

Solution
Been searching for hours for a straight answer, and can't get one. Perhaps you fine people can help me out.

I purchased a new video card, the ASUS 3070 RTX Dual Fan OC video card, and I have an old CORSAIR HX750 watt PSU. The question I have is will my PSU be enough for my new video card, and what connectors will I need for it to work? So far, all I know is that the new video card needs two 8 pin connectors, not entirely sure what the other end of those connectors require from the PSU.

Can anyone recommend what extra connectors I may need, or if I need a new PSU all together. Thanks for your time, hopefully someone can help me out here.

A Corsair HX 750 comes with four 6+2 pin PCIE connectors, so there's literally no GPU that...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

A Corsair HX 750 comes with four 6+2 pin PCIE connectors, so there's literally no GPU that exists that it would not power.

Solution
Dec 17, 2020
Thanks guys, but I have one more question.

The 3070 card I got requires two 8 pin connectors, just incase if I don't have any extra 8 pin connectors, would you recommend some connectors to me that you believe would work to power up the card to my PSU? Maybe something from amazon. I just want you tech savy guys to recommend one so I'm sure I'm buying the right one ;-)

The 3070 card I got requires two 8 pin connectors, just incase if I don't have any extra 8 pin connectors, would you recommend some connectors to me that you believe would work to power up the card to my PSU?

Why wouldn't you have extra 8-pin connectors?

A Corsair HX 750 comes with four 6+2 pin PCIE connectors, so there's literally no GPU that exists that it would not power.