Is my cpu a 64 bit system?

humanbacon88301

Prominent
Aug 21, 2018
I have an intel inside XEON i want to know if its a 64bit or a 32 bit ill leave a link so u guys can see what it looks like :www.google.ca/search?q=intel+inside+XEON+&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwi4raizrY7eAhVriOAKHerlBa4Q2-cCegQIABAC&oq=intel+inside+XEON+&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.3..35i39l3j0i30j0i8i30.3781.4785..5226...0.0..0.116.863.6j3......0....1.EdJPx-i89MU&ei=3qDHW7jGGuuQggfqy5fwCg&client=ms-android-rogers-ca&prmd=isvn&biw=320&bih=489#imgrc=DKLgEY9adKQWTM

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Need to know which one. Xeon is a product line from Intel there are literally hundreds of different models available.

A simple way to check, what operating system are you running? If Windows, right click the start menu and select system. (If older, Control Panel -> System)

It will say if it is 32bit (x86) or 64bit. If 64bit, you have your answer. If 32bit, we will need the CPU's exact model to see if it supports the 64bit instruction sets.

A simple way to do this in Windows is a program you can download called CPU-Z. https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

USAFRet

Titan

Need MUCH more info. Like which xeon it is? A xeon logo doesn't work.
But probably, yes.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I cant its a realy old srever from my moms work and it wont turn on

Best you can do there is read any labeling on the motherboard or exterior to at least get an idea of when it is from. To really find out you would need to remove the CPU and read its label.

That said, if it is very old, then replacement parts may be problematic, and they could be non-standard. Troubleshooting with no know symptoms or failure modes is going to be difficult. If it is from an OEM it might have a service tag that could get you a lot more information from the appropriate website.