[SOLVED] Is my CPU bad?

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018
My processor is an i7-2600, I bought it second hand. With the heatsink fan that it came with, it overheats, but when I bought a cooler master hyper 212X the temp doesn't go above 70C even if I play the whole day.

How do you know if your processor doesn't work properly or if it doesn't work the way it does.

What I mean is that, does it go like this:
GOOD: performs better
BAD: Doesn't perform what it must perform (ex: one/some of the cores performs badly, or is damaged.

or
GOOD: Works
BAD: Doesn't work

How do you understand a good from a bad processor?

Solution
There are a few ways, a simple one is to run userbenchmark (compares your benchmark to other users, averaged) and post the results here and I can talk you through a few of the points.

Generally, a good processor does whatever you need it to.
A processor could be called bad if it fails to do what you need, no longer does what it used to, or has hard issues like crashes, temps, etc.
There are a few ways, a simple one is to run userbenchmark (compares your benchmark to other users, averaged) and post the results here and I can talk you through a few of the points.

Generally, a good processor does whatever you need it to.
A processor could be called bad if it fails to do what you need, no longer does what it used to, or has hard issues like crashes, temps, etc.

Solution

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018

can you recommend me a benchmarking program and the steps to do it? cause honestly I don't know how.

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018

Alright thank you, one more thing, should I benchmark without any programs/games open? cause I got chrome and black desert online game open.

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018

btw base on my results, I am also experiencing stutter in both pubg MOBILE (tencent gaming) and black desert online, what is probably causing it?

(these are only the games i play right now)

Yeah sure.
Your processor is performing slightly better than average. Of 58,000 people that ran that processor, yours is in the top 34% (which is good).
Hard drive and RAM are performing as expected.

Basically, your computer is running to the best of its ability. So its not like there is some issue preventing your processor from performing.

Stuttering could be a few things, pubg mobile is probably due to running a mobile game in an emulator on a PC, multiple layers of issues there.
BDO can be demanding, and also just has some inherent issues.

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018

btw base on my results, I am also experiencing stutter in both pubg MOBILE (tencent gaming) and black desert online, what is probably causing it?

(these are only the games i play right now)

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018

Maybe you can help me more if I'll state the circumstances that I was in

Before I had a 1050ti and BDO wasn't stuttering at all and then I upgraded to 1060, and it caused tremendous stuttering, during these times I had a windows 7 OS. Then I clean installed windows 7 to 10. The stuttering isn't really gone but it's still there. Is it possible that this is caused by the HDD?