[SOLVED] Is my cpu bottle necking me

Nov 29, 2020
So I play alot of apex legends and when I started playing in season 5

I would get a solid 130 to 150 fps all the time

But over the last few seasons my fps has dwindled down to a whopping 80 fps and now sometimes even 60 !!

I have not changed any settings I play on the lowest possible graphic settings

I've also put the graphics up a abit to try and take stress off the cpu but nothing works

I'm playing on a 165 hz monitor but my frames are everywhere ill be at 140 1 minute then the next I'm at 60

I've done fresh installs of windows

Ddu in safe boot

My cpu and gpu are not over heating at all

I've tried a billion things nothing changes

My set up is ryzen 3 3200g
Rx580 8gb
Gskill aegis 3000
1 tb evo ssd
Msi b450 gaming plus max

Please any input would help im not very good at diagnosing pcs

But im not sure what would cause 100 fps loss

Like u said I used to be a solid 130 to 150 and now I'm down to 60 fps makes no sense

Nov 29, 2020
Hi thanks for the reply

Gpu and cpu Temps never really go over 60 odd times when I check gpu will reach like 70 max but rare

Now the usage is what gets me

I'm always checking cpu and gpu usage when my frames are up and down and I notice my cpu is always red in task manager at 98 to 100 usage

While my gpu will barley reach 60

But if I change up the graphics to max gpu will go up to like high 90s but cpu will always stay at 98 to 100 no matter the settings

I'm using 2 sticks of 8gb each 3000 ram

And psu is a 750 watt evga bq

The CPU is simply not powerful enough to attain the minimum performance requirement you want. You could crank the resolution up to 8K and still not even achieve what you want with a GPU with infinite power.

Remember: the game still has a bunch of stuff it needs to do before it can send something to the GPU. Changing the graphics settings doesn't affect this at all.

Nov 29, 2020
The CPU is simply not powerful enough to attain the minimum performance requirement you want. You could crank the resolution up to 8K and still not even achieve what you want with a GPU with infinite power.

Remember: the game still has a bunch of stuff it needs to do before it can send something to the GPU. Changing the graphics settings doesn't affect this at all.

So what ur saying is I cant have stable fps with this cpu ?

Would the ryzen 7 3700x be a good upgrade