Is my cpu bottlenecking my gpu

RhynOh

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
can u tell by looking at this pic if my cpu is bottlenecking my gpu? https://heavenlyxtc.tumblr.com/image/158729182833
This was taken after playing for honor. I am having a lot of problems with my framerate randomly going down and back up.
I have an intel core i5 2500 cpu with a gtx 1050 ti gpu. My psu is an evga 450 watt bronze and I have 12 gigs of RAM
I tried using msi afterburner to see if its bottlenecking and I don't think it is but maybe someone with more experience can tell. I also checked for malware and nothing was detected. Also I don't think the problem is overheating. Any help is greatly appreciated.

adiec

Honorable

his gpu doesn't appear to be hitting 100% at any point. i have never play for honour.. is that normal ? also his gpu fans aren't spinning? it's really late here.. so perhaps i am missing something through tiredness.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Depends on which fans. As far as I know, the CPU and GPU fans should start spinning as soon as the system powers up (at least I think mine do). As for what's running in the background, you pretty much need to go through each one and google what each one is and whether or not it needs to be running.

Probably a bit easier though might be to run a program called "HijackThis" and post the output in a new thread asking what can be shut down.

-Wolf sends