[SOLVED] Is my Cpu Bottlenecking my Graphics card?

Sep 14, 2019
Hey!
So I recently upgraded to a 5700xt but have kept the same cpu the Ryzen 5 1600x six core..
And i've seen that I have improved almost no performance since my 580, is it because of my cpu or is it another internal error?
And if it is because of the cpu what do you guys recommend that I upgrade to that isnt too expensive?

Sep 14, 2019
What resolution are you playing at? Something's amiss, you should be gaining a big amount of FPS from that GPU transition. The CPU isn't that much of a bottleneck, maybe only a little.
Im playing at 1440p and I just got out of a csgo match with constant stuttering going from 248 fps to 70 constantly, I asked a friend and he said it could be my mother board, I have a B350 TOMAHAWK ARTIC

Sep 14, 2019
Do you have a multimonitor setup?
Edit: If so,
  1. try switching the game into fullscreen mode if you are running windowed
  2. try closing or minimizing all the other open windows.
Yes, I have two monitors I always run it at fullscreen and always minimize other tabs

Last edited:
It has something to do with the display manager. When certain browser windows or apps such as TS3 are open it may cause this.
Also in windowed mode (confirmed with nvidia card), I found that the display framerate for the game in windowed mode is capped to the refresh rate of the primary monitor. SO the frame counter will show high render but the monitor will only show as much as the primary monitor is set to.

Sep 14, 2019
Yes. It is a rather old generation of CPU compared to your newer GPU. Though, if you aren't a heavy user, you won't need to upgrade.
I think Im a heavy user I usually play other Triple AA Titles like Battlefield V Im probably gonna upgrade my Cpu anyone have any suggestions?
Have you reinstalled the graphics driver?
Yes I have reinstalled the graphics driver and uninstalled the last drivers from the 580
What is your memory?
Speed, CAS and number of sticks.
Ryzen is severely handicapped when running slow memory or one stick.
I have 16 gigs of ddr4