TheChocohunter

Honorable
Nov 8, 2016
My question is I have a Ryzen 7 1700, 16GB of 2933Mhz RAM and a GTX1080Ti. In warzone I get around 70-80fps no matter the setting. I think I should be able to get at least 120fps in warzone if I set 1440p low but I get same 70to80fps...
My CPU usage during game is around 50% and my GPU usage is usually lower Than that, around 40 to 50%. I turned vsync off and set resolution in nvidia control panel to 1440p 120hz (I use an lg oled as a monitor) Do I have bottleneck or is this normal? Thank you!

Solution
It may a little in that game, but I doubt it, Warzone seems to like Intel CPU's more, like I got more fps on my 5960x than what I did with my threadripper 1950x even though the threadripper had faster IPC and multi core. And my 1950x with a gtx 1070 was slightly lower than what you were getting at 1440p, I often dropped to 60s with everything maxxed out and the 1950x is pretty much 2 R7 1800x on one CPU.

So I'd say its normal. Make sure the resolution scale is set to 100% and I often liked to play with a low/medium Anti aliasing setting as 1440p doesn't really need that maxed out, and make sure Ray Tracing is off in the settings, it will kill FPS as your card don't have the hardware for it.
It may a little in that game, but I doubt it, Warzone seems to like Intel CPU's more, like I got more fps on my 5960x than what I did with my threadripper 1950x even though the threadripper had faster IPC and multi core. And my 1950x with a gtx 1070 was slightly lower than what you were getting at 1440p, I often dropped to 60s with everything maxxed out and the 1950x is pretty much 2 R7 1800x on one CPU.

So I'd say its normal. Make sure the resolution scale is set to 100% and I often liked to play with a low/medium Anti aliasing setting as 1440p doesn't really need that maxed out, and make sure Ray Tracing is off in the settings, it will kill FPS as your card don't have the hardware for it.

Solution
Can you run userbenchmark and share the public like to the results.

Total cpu usage is fairly meaningless, you need to monitor each core/thread. It only takes 1 at 100% to limit performance. I believe Warzone still maxes out at using 12 threads so 25% of the threads on your cpu won’t be used by the game.

The single core performance of the 1700 is significantly lower than current generation CPU’s and seeing how current CPU’s can struggle to get over 150 FPS in that game I’m not overly surprised by those FPS. Have you got a benchmark of that cpu achieving higher on Warzone?

TheChocohunter

Honorable
Nov 8, 2016

But the thing is even if I set the resolution scale to 50% with everything low I cant get over 90fps. And the gpu usage is around 40% which I assume should be around 90%..

TheChocohunter

Honorable
Nov 8, 2016
Can you run userbenchmark and share the public like to the results.

Total cpu usage is fairly meaningless, you need to monitor each core/thread. It only takes 1 at 100% to limit performance. I believe Warzone still maxes out at using 12 threads so 25% of the threads on your cpu won’t be used by the game.

The single core performance of the 1700 is significantly lower than current generation CPU’s and seeing how current CPU’s can struggle to get over 150 FPS in that game I’m not overly surprised by those FPS. Have you got a benchmark of that cpu achieving higher on Warzone?
I will test it but even at 1080p low I cant get over 90fps. Others said the 1700 doesnt bottleneck the gtx1080ti, but if I cant get more than 40% usage of gpu and the fps is around same when I set ultra or low settings indicates a bottleneck for me....

I will test it but even at 1080p low I cant get over 90fps. Others said the 1700 doesnt bottleneck the gtx1080ti, but if I cant get more than 40% usage of gpu and the fps is around same when I set ultra or low settings indicates a bottleneck for me....
Every system will bottleneck in the right circumstances. Warzone does seem to be dependent on single core performance even though it will use 12 threads. I can easily believe the FPS is limited by the single core performance of a 1700. Your testing does indicate this. Are any individual threads hitting 100%?

Are any individual threads hitting 100%?
You will never see 100% (in the context we are talking about) on any thread with any conventional monitoring because windows juggles the threads around to keep a single core from degrading much sooner then all others.
This is why CPUs have at least two favorite cores for their single core turbo so that a single-thread-sensitive thread can still be juggled between at least two cores.

TheChocohunter

Honorable
Nov 8, 2016
Every system will bottleneck in the right circumstances. Warzone does seem to be dependent on single core performance even though it will use 12 threads. I can easily believe the FPS is limited by the single core performance of a 1700. Your testing does indicate this. Are any individual threads hitting 100%?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBz5aXxYjnQ

This is my gameplay recorded with shadowplay. I think the cpu bottleneck is visible.