Question Is my CPU causing games to crash?

Aug 21, 2019
So, I stopped gaming for a while last year and left my PC to collect some dust occasionally using it for Netlfix, etc. When I came back my PC was running very slow and every game would crash (apart from League of Legends, when I say crash, originally it would freeze and then blue screen or just not respond to which I would either reset or task. I exchanged the Corsair H75 to a Cooler Master 212 EVO due to age and increasing temps (The liquid sounded kinda slushy too) as well as changing my GPU from a GTX 650TI boost to a GTX 970 which I then had to exchange to a GTX 1070 due to a faulty card. I also installed windows 10 from 8.1 (YES I KNOW) and moved it on to my 120gb Kingston Hyper SSD and also made sure everything was updated etc.

However after giving my PC a burst of new life it still performs badly with games lasting a mere 10 minutes or so before closing, the difference this time is that they do not blue screen or crash as such, they just simply close. Its as if I pressed ALT + F4, they just close with no error message. I am completely lost however I have a feeling that the closed-loop system may have damaged the CPU as it was essentially not working correctly, could it be that?

Sorry for the lengthy question, I have no idea what to do anymore

My specs are:

CPU: Intel i7 37770
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070
RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX
PSU: 750w Corsair

Aug 21, 2019
I've done a few scans however found nothing, I've also updated all of my drivers. When I changed drives, I did a fresh install of Windows 10 onto the SSD, I previously had Windows 8.1 on a hard drive.

Also my drives are practically empty with both my hard drives being at around 1.70 / 1.81 TB, apart from my SSD which has 32/111GB free.

TRENDING THREADS