[SOLVED] Is my CPU Combatible?

Apr 21, 2020
Hello! I am wanting to upgrade my Optiplex 990 MT, which has a 6D7TR motherboard and an i5 2400. I am wanting to get a RTX TITAN, but I am assuming my CPU would bottleneck it. A foreign sight says that the motherboard's best CPU is the i7 2600, but I can't find anything official. Anything?

Solution
Yes, i7-2600 is the best CPU that machine shipped with. Henceforth that's the best I'd assume it will be compatible with.

Why an RTX Titan though..... that's many times the value of the system you're connecting it to (if the system is even compatible with it)

What PSU?
Yes, i7-2600 is the best CPU that machine shipped with. Henceforth that's the best I'd assume it will be compatible with.

Why an RTX Titan though..... that's many times the value of the system you're connecting it to (if the system is even compatible with it)

What PSU?

Solution
Apr 21, 2020

What PSU?
I currently have a 350W, but I am getting an 850W soon. Also, it's because I really don't want to spend a lot of money on getting a completely new rig (MOBO, RAM, ECT.)

Apr 21, 2020
With how much extra money you're spending on a titan (above a reasonable level GPU) you could literally rebuild the rest of the machine...... and still have money left over.
Well, maybe, but I still would have to pay an extra 2 grand to put the titan in there, why would it be better to rebuild it?