Is my cpu cooler instake or exhaust ?

dazkyl

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
I just installed this cpu cooler yesterday with its fan pointing exactly at my rear exhaust fan.

So im asking , is this cpu fan throwing air back to the heat sinks or its throwing air to the rear case fan so its immediately pulled out of the case ?

2uhbxoi.jpg

dazkyl

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013

Some guys here told me to make it face the rear fan. What should i actually do ? Make it face the ram ? I'm getting confused.

maurelie

Honorable
On my case HAF 922 , it has three coolers, one at front to intake cold air, one at top and rear to exhaust hot air. I have Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo, it is faced towards the ram, so it can take cool air from the front cooler, and exhaust it from the rear cooler.

The fan blows through the heat sink. If the fan is near the rear case fan it is blowing air forward ,toward the front of the case away from the rear fan.

For best cooling you need to spin it 180 degrees so that the fan is near the front of the case.
Also slide the fan down as far as possible. It will move more cool air over the bottom portion and motherboard VRMs.

dazkyl

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013

So i should make the fan face the ram ? Correct ?

Is it worth upgrading from my current sythe katana 3 cooler to Coolermaster V6GT Cooler ?