Question Is my CPU DEAD? Intel i7 5820k

Jan 24, 2020
Hi

I have had this machine for the last 5 years and it worked perfectly, however recently it has started to stutter and slow done MASSIVELY.

I have no idea whats going on

Here is my benchmark results

https://ibb.co/3hrGXMW

Your paste might be dried out. Or if the machine was bumped the cooler may have come loose. I would start with new paste and reseating the cooler. If it's the intel stock cooler, yeah go ahead and look at upgrading. The clips are garbage and the performance while better than what you are getting now, is not that great in the best circumstances.

Jan 24, 2020
Okay thanks, am not really tech savy, so basically buy the paste first, then once it comes remove the heatsink from the cpu ? Do i just use force and pull it off etc? Then re apply the paste and stick everything back together, , then if it does not work , basically get a new cooler?

Jan 24, 2020
I have a watercooler, am thinking perhaps the pump may have stopped working or is not as efficient, should i just get a heatsink and new thermal paste , rather than getting thermal paste, then waiting to see, and then getting a heatsink, i can always give the heatsink back anyway. Was looking at the cooler master hyper 212 evo i think it is,