Is my CPU dead?

Shane_79

Reputable
Jul 27, 2017
So I recently just built a new PC and everything was all going to plan until I turned on my monitor and I didn't get any signal I've tried trying to start up on one ram stick and tried re inserting the sticks and I've tried plugging everything back in and the monitor just doesn't get a signal and I've tried one other GPU and stills no luck I've tried two hdmi cables and two VGA cables and still nothing so if anyone could help me out that would help a lot Thanks!

Note: the monitor works I use it for console gaming

PSU:500w thermaltake
GPU:GTX 750ti SC
MB:970A-G43 Plus
Ram:2x 4GB Hyper X fury/ 1 8GB
CPU:FX 8350

Solution
If your USB connections don't work, and a second working GPU doesn't work, I would simply try breadboarding your PC. Remove everything and only assemble the MoBo, CPU & HSF, and plug into a monitor, see if you can at least get a signal. If you can't then, I would swap the PSU and retest. If that doesn't work, your MoBo is likely faulty.

What do you mean it takes 10-20 minutes to boot up an image? A PC will send a signal to the monitor in seconds or less on boot up? If it's taking any more than a minute i would suspect something is...

dulelele

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017
AMD CPUs can take a lot of time to throw a picture on the first boot so I suggest just turning it on and waiting for at least an hour alltho it should probably not take more than 10-20 minutes

dulelele

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017

Yea, motherboard or psu, can't be much more. Alltho I have not seen the problem with the mouse and keyboard ever

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
If your USB connections don't work, and a second working GPU doesn't work, I would simply try breadboarding your PC. Remove everything and only assemble the MoBo, CPU & HSF, and plug into a monitor, see if you can at least get a signal. If you can't then, I would swap the PSU and retest. If that doesn't work, your MoBo is likely faulty.

What do you mean it takes 10-20 minutes to boot up an image? A PC will send a signal to the monitor in seconds or less on boot up? If it's taking any more than a minute i would suspect something is incredibly wrong! :)

Solution