[SOLVED] Is My CPU Dead..?

Jan 2, 2020
My Motherboard dont start when I hit the power button, I have z370 Gaming 5, I5 8400, VS450, 1050ti. There no signs when I tried jumping it but the RGB which are on it blinks When I hit ON in the SMPS, But doesn't work when I jump it
Additional Information I just Got my CPU replaced from Intel, And My motherboard fixed from gigabyte, Both were working fine for a day but then I am facing this issue..!!! Help I just want to know if the Motherboard Burned my Processor off..???

Jan 2, 2020
What do you do with your pc, that requires replacement of cpu and motherboard?
Actually, I got my Motherboard fixed because it wasn't booting and there was a Loop in the power Instantaneously power on and Power off With the debug Light on CPU, Everything was working fine for few days but then The problem I have mentioned arise, So Then I gave it to the Service center they told me the Mobo was working fine and then I replaced my Processor, But for few days it worked and from then I am facing the issue I gave my Motherboard to the Gigabyte for replacing Just wanted to know if my new Processor is alright

JaAntonio

Honorable
BANNED
Nov 13, 2019
Should be good. Is rare to kill a CPU for MOBO problems, if there's any shorts on VRMs, will be good. The most common way to kill a CPU is with high voltages or PSU fault.

Jan 2, 2020
Should be good. Is rare to kill a CPU for MOBO problems, if there's any shorts on VRMs, will be good. The most common way to kill a CPU is with high voltages or PSU fault.
Is it possible, Will the Faulty motherboard affects the new CPU
Is it possible, Will the Faulty motherboard affects the new CPU
Probably not, it's very very rare.
Is your BIOS showing all things correctly?
It's not even turning on No signs

Ok. Just checking as I know it's easy to forget things. I'm tech and I've forgotten that in the past then you have to scratch your head.

I would say if all is plugged in right and if you know you have a good psu, that your board is probably your culprit.

I've only seen a few CPUs go bad. Maybe 3-5. So that does happen, but more often the boards are the issues.

Reactions: falcon291
Jan 2, 2020
Ok. Just checking as I know it's easy to forget things. I'm tech and I've forgotten that in the past then you have to scratch your head.

I would say if all is plugged in right and if you know you have a good psu, that your board is probably your culprit.

I've only seen a few CPUs go bad. Maybe 3-5. So that does happen, but more often the boards are the issues.
Ohk, Thanks

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019

Yes I would bet it is the mobo, not the CPU. Do you have the chance to try it with other CPU and/or mainboard?