[SOLVED] Is my cpu fried?

Apr 27, 2019
Built this computer 5 months ago. I have 2 dell u2410 monitors and a wacom cintiq pro 32. I walked away for 30 minutes and came back to find my monitors frozen on their last image. Restarted the computer. Now nothing displays on any monitor... Thus I can not trouble shoot through bios and such.

Here is my build:
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/J7hR6s

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor ($292.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($98.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($98.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB Video Card
Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($63.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($145.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $970.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-27 21:02 EDT-0400

Things that I have tried:
I unplugged and reset all cables.
I tried the video card on another machine.
I tried another video card in this machine (did not work)
I tested each RAM in the A2 slot.
I pulled the mobo battery and held the power button.
I tried another hard drive.
I tried monitors on another computer.

Nothing fixed the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'll be on here all night trying to fix this!
Thank you!

That happens to be information that you omitted earlier.

Please take the problem as seriously as you would like us to, and provide full descriptions of the symptoms you observe.

In that light, and if the PSU is actually good, you are looking at a problem with the MB or μP. If you have been overclocking with only the Wraith Prism cooler installed, then it's a fair bet that you toasted the μP.

You have verified that your video card is not the issue by swapping the video card into another system. Even though you did not explicitly state that it works in another system, I presume that this is the case.

Since you have another system that powers-up, you can switch power supplies between the two systems to see what happens when you attempt to power-up both systems.

If the problem does not follow the power supply, then you are definitely looking at an issue with the MB or μP.

Apr 27, 2019
The only machine I have with a power supply is ancient and currently in use. If there is a high percent chance of this being a psu problem, then I'll gladly go invest in a new one and blindly test it out.

I'm not familiar with psu issues. Every fan and LED is doing it's thing.

rigg42

Respectable
Oct 17, 2018
Try to get it to post with a minimum configuration. No drive and single stick of ram. You basically eliminated everything but the drive, CPU, and PSU as far as I can tell. If that doesn't work Buy a cheap AM4 cpu for troubleshooting. Return or flip it when you are done troubleshooting. If none of that works buy a temporary PSU and RMA yours. That s a nice PSU with an excellent warranty.

Apr 27, 2019
I tried a spare SSD that I know is alive and it did not work.

OK... Disconnected ssd. Only one stick of RAM in the A2 slot. Could not get to post.

Should I just go to Frys and purchase the same cpu? If it solves the problem, I can RMA my old one and when they send me a new one I can return it to Frys?

I'm going to at least buy a multi meter tomorrow... It bothers me to no end that I don't own one!

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well if none of the answers the mod's gave you then its probably that your CPU is fried, you said that gpu is fine working in another pc and power supply works fine in another pc, and u changed the motherboard and nothing happened, it must be the cpu.
And i have no idea if you'll be able to return the CPU to that shop because each CPU has a certain serial number i would say.