Is my cpu good enough?

thomasantonis800

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
Hello. My current cpu is i5 7500 and i would like to ask if it is enough for the upcoming games. Also i dont have problem playing at high settings and not ultra but i want to aim thay 60fps. So do you guys think it will be enough?

Solution
Average 60 FPS should be achievable or at least with the vast majority. Minimum of 60fps there are already games that will drop under 60fps and AAA games will continue to get more demanding.

Most game settings don’t impact the cpu woakload. In most games changing from high to ultra will likely only impact gpu workload so if your cpu is limiting you at ultra settings it will also limit you at high settings.

This is all very game dependent. If you are not playing modern cpu heavy AAA games then 60fps minimum won’t be an issue.
Average 60 FPS should be achievable or at least with the vast majority. Minimum of 60fps there are already games that will drop under 60fps and AAA games will continue to get more demanding.

Most game settings don’t impact the cpu woakload. In most games changing from high to ultra will likely only impact gpu workload so if your cpu is limiting you at ultra settings it will also limit you at high settings.

This is all very game dependent. If you are not playing modern cpu heavy AAA games then 60fps minimum won’t be an issue.

Solution
Aug 23, 2018
From my little experience I would say your cpu should be fine. If you're worried about your fps I would look into gpu and if that is going to handle any of your games. That cpu shouldn't have any bottlenecks with almost any card you have in.