Is my CPU is dying/ Causing PC to freeze

May 5, 2018
My pc has been freezing randomly lately, sometimes it'll be within 1 hr of me turning it on and only having chrome/excel open. And other times it will be as I am starting a video game on my PC. I recently bought a new graphics card and more ram, so I know that is not the issue. The big question is if its my CPU or my PSU.

I ran a test on my CPU with OCCT for 1 hr under large load and it had random drops from "normal" frequency to very low/near zero. In my opinion that shows that its the CPU that is failing, but I am looking for advice from people with more experience since it may just be my PSU.

PC Build,
16 GM Ram, new
16 GM Ram, 4 years old
ASUS Radeon RX 560, new
PowerColor PCS+ Radeon HD 7950, 4 years old
Cooler Master Seidon 240M(liquid cooler), 4 years old
AMD FX-8320, 4 years old
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA motherboard, 4 years old
Bronze 80 Plus 750W PSU, 4 years old

Solution
GM Ram - I've never heard of it.

Looks like you aren't able to identify the memory. Mixing memory not sold as a single kit has no guarantee to be compatible together.

You may need to clear CMOS and reset memory parameters in BIOS after changing memory hardware.

So you were having the issue before upgrading.
Did you replaced the old RAM with the new RAM or you have them both installed together.
Is the RAM a 16GB stick or a 8GB kit? Model?
If it was your CPU, you might not be able to boot.
I see you left out the PSU model...Does it have one?

I thought the HD 7950 performed better than the RX 560

May 5, 2018
Yes, I was having problems before upgrading my GPU as I thought it may have been my GPU but I didn't run any test to find out.

I now have both RAM installed together, but when the pc still froze I tried removing the old RAM and only having the 2 new sticks in but it still froze.

Below is the current power supply, 4 years old.
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 220-T2-1000-X1 80+ TITANIUM 1000W Fully Modular EVGA ECO Mode Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply

GM Ram - I've never heard of it.

Looks like you aren't able to identify the memory. Mixing memory not sold as a single kit has no guarantee to be compatible together.

You may need to clear CMOS and reset memory parameters in BIOS after changing memory hardware.

Solution