Question Is my CPU ok?

Jan 31, 2019
Hello!
I have noticed some temps on my CPU, which i am not sure, if they are ok or not. (all the tests are done with Hardware Info). My idle temps are average 42 C (browsing youtube and facebook) and noticed that it reached 66 C max temp.
On the other hand when i play games like Assassin's Creed Odyssey the average CPU temp is 72 C, but after 30 mins of gameplay the max temp reached 89 C, which from what I know is not really good. I know that below 80 C are pretty
safe temps. Other games like RE2 remake and Metro Exodus the CPU never goes above 78 C. I have also tested the CPU with Aida64 Extreme with the following results:
  • stressing only CPU - 20 mins test - max temp 75 C
  • stressing CPU, FPU and cache after a 1 min. it started to thermal throttle (95-97 C max temps)
All tests have been done with stock settings, only my RAM is overclocked with XMP.

The PC i have is:
  • CPU: intel i9-9900k
  • CPU air cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock 4
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8) 3200 MHz
  • Motherboard: MSI Meg Z390 Ace
  • GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080
  • Case: NZXT H500i with 2 exhaust fans at the top and rear and 2 intake fans at the front (120 mm)

Jan 31, 2019
I changed the cooler to work at 100% fan speed when CPU reaches 75 C and above and my exhaust fans (Noctua NF-A12x25) to use 75% speed at the same temp, but the results were almost the same. I am not sure if the CPU cooler is good enough for the i9-9900k.