[SOLVED] Is my cpu or PSU stuffed?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bensonae

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Recently, my computer stopped posting (black screen during post), there was no power led, the system had to be turned off by holding down the power button (simply pushing it didn't work), and every time the thing powered off, the motherboard led would blink for a bit then stop (no recognisable pattern). I have checked that this is not a memory issue, as all i had connected was PSU, motherboard and CPU. I have had the motherboard professionally tested, and it is apparently not the issue, and I thought I had eliminated the PSU as being the issue (all fans were spinning in case, and on CPU cooler), so does this mean that the CPU is kaput?

Solution
Turns out that the MSi board was faulty, as said by the distributor. So i got a full refund of purchase price, and I have a working Gigabyte Z97-UD3H-X board in my computer.

All points aside, thanks to everyone who has tried to help me solve this issue, it certainly hasn't been fun, but it's nice to know that people out there actually give a s***.