Austin Urbanski

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
So I just bought a new CPU (i7 9700k) and have the corsair h60 hydro series as the cooler. My CPU is not overclocked and is at the base 3.6 ghz and when playing PUBG im seeing around 55-61C was reading online that 60 should be the max and I should try to keep the temp between 45-50.C. Should I be worried about my CPU or am I fine? Also the cooler came with pre-applied thermal paste and i have the CPU fan cooler in the back of the case with it bringing air into the case, i have two fans on top of the case taking air out of the case, and two more fans in the front of the case bringing air into the case.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
What you've read online is typical ... misinformation spawned by the unknowing regurgitating misconceptions that proliferate like rabbits. You need to read this: Intel Temperature Guide - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/intel-temperature-guide.1488337/

If it's TL;DR, then just look at the images.

Also, sorry to pop your bubble, but a 120mm H60 is undersized for an i7-9700K, and is only on par with a mid-range air cooler. If you throw a serious load at it, the CPUs power consumption will overwhelm the H60, whereupon your Core temperatures will skyrocket to Throttle temperature at 100°C.

Just for gaming you're certainly OK for now, but here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

• What is your ambient (room) temperature?
Core temperatures increase and decrease with ambient temperature.

A 9700K should have a minimum AIO cooler of 240mm, such as any of the H100 variants, however, a 280mm AIO would be better if your case will accommodate the radiator width and 140mm fans.

CT 😎

Austin Urbanski

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
What you've read online is typical ... misinformation spawned by the unknowing regurgitating misconceptions that proliferate like rabbits. You need to read this: Intel Temperature Guide - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/intel-temperature-guide.1488337/

If it's TL;DR, then just look at the images.

Also, sorry to pop your bubble, but a 120mm H60 is undersized for an i7-9700K, and is only on par with a mid-range air cooler. If you throw a serious load at it, the CPUs power consumption will overwhelm the H60, whereupon your Core temperatures will skyrocket to Throttle temperature at 100°C.

Just for gaming you're certainly OK for now, but here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

• What is your ambient (room) temperature?
Core temperatures increase and decrease with ambient temperature.

A 9700K should have a minimum AIO cooler of 240mm, such as any of the H100 variants.

CT 😎
Thanks for the info. My room temp is 75F and i have a ceiling fan in my room so it's pretty cool in my room. Thanks for letting me know about my the H60 ill look at getting a different one as I just bought the cooler so i still have time to return it because i have thought about doing some more CPU intensive tasks. Thanks for the help.

TRENDING THREADS