Question Is my cpu running hot? What does Ryzen's EDC mean?

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I have a Ryzen 7 2700x cpu and in the Ryzen master program its showing me my EDC is at 99 percent of 140A with a limit of 168A (showing red). What does this mean?
My cpu doesn't ever run high temps even with heavy loads such as when I game (I have a liquid cooler) and my CPU usage is never higher than normal as well at heavy load. Is this normal?

I have a Ryzen 7 2700x cpu and in the Ryzen master program its showing me my EDC is at 99 percent of 140A with a limit of 168A (showing red). What does this mean?
My cpu doesn't ever run high temps even with heavy loads such as when I game (I have a liquid cooler) and my CPU usage is never higher than normal as well at heavy load. Is this normal?

My 2700x runs exactly the same way. It just means the processor and motherboard are working at their best possible power levels...it's normal and nothing to be concerned with as long as the CPU and your boards VRM are running within the designed temp ranges. Use hardwareinfo to check temps on the VRM and CPU...but judging by what you said about your CPU running cool I don't expect you have any issue...