[SOLVED] is my cpu running hot?

Jun 23, 2021
i recently build my own PC the specs are :
ryzen 7 3700x
gtx1650
b450 tomahawk
100m magforge
and the stock cooler

i noticed that when i wasnt running anything my cpu would idle at around 35-45 degrees c, i tried changing the curve and upping the fan speed and nothing truly changed it still idles at 35 to the low 40s
is this normal for ryzen cpus or should i get a new cooler?

Solution
Yeah, pretty normal temp for a Ryzen, I wouldnt worry about idle too much, what temperature are you seeing while stressing/gaming etc? Although the stock coolers are 'adequate,' it wouldnt hurt to upgrade to a decent after market cooler.

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
i recently build my own PC the specs are :
ryzen 7 3700x
gtx1650
b450 tomahawk
100m magforge
and the stock cooler

i noticed that when i wasnt running anything my cpu would idle at around 35-45 degrees c, i tried changing the curve and upping the fan speed and nothing truly changed it still idles at 35 to the low 40s
is this normal for ryzen cpus or should i get a new cooler?
That's normal idle temp for that CPU, even at low 20s (centigrade) ambient. You should focus on load temps: they should not exceed 80s, in which case you should consider an aftermarket cooler.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Yeah, pretty normal temp for a Ryzen, I wouldnt worry about idle too much, what temperature are you seeing while stressing/gaming etc? Although the stock coolers are 'adequate,' it wouldnt hurt to upgrade to a decent after market cooler.

Solution