[SOLVED] Is my CPU Temperature Dangerous?

kostas1127

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2015
Greetings wonderful people of tomshardware, summer has arrived here in Greece and my hardware temperature certainly is affected. My cpu especially. While playing modern warfare 2019 my gpu is at 100% at 72 degrees celcius and 29% fan while my cpu is at 65% usage and reaching 70degrees celcius sometimes 72. i tested how my cpu temperature would do at 100% cpu utilization. So i rendered a video, opened modern warfare and opened any program i could. My cpu reached 100% usage on all threads and cores and the maximum temeprature i saw was 81 degrees celcius at maximum peak usage. How bad is it? Its pretty warm in my room 25 Degrees to 30.

I7 4770 Overclocked to forced 3.9 ghz instead of default 3.4
16GB Ram Corsair Vengeance pro cl9
RX 570 Sapphire nitro
Thermal take RGB 700W
MSI B85M G43
I will also attach a photo please check it out.
View: https://imgur.com/a/uFsummp

Solution
You are good. TjunctionMax for that cpu is 100°C and you are only hitting 80 at max stress loads.

The temp in your room will have a lot more affect on your idle temps, where there's very little wattage output from the cpu. Once you start hitting high loads, as long as you do have decent airflow, the temp of the air is a secondary concern.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You are good. TjunctionMax for that cpu is 100°C and you are only hitting 80 at max stress loads.

The temp in your room will have a lot more affect on your idle temps, where there's very little wattage output from the cpu. Once you start hitting high loads, as long as you do have decent airflow, the temp of the air is a secondary concern.

Solution