Question is my cpu the issue here or my gpu

Jul 10, 2022
3 days ago my pc was working just fine but now I can't play a game for more than 5m before it crashes CPU load goes up to 80-90% and on other games, 30-60%, and it still crashes. my GPU is steady at 50- 70%. My GPU temp is 50-70 at max and my CPU temp is 40-70. I can't really tell if it's my CPU or my GPU at this point. I've never had this issue before I've had this PC for a while now.

side note. pc works just fine if I'm using the internet or watching videos. just can't play games for long regardless of GPU or CPU utilization.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

cpu- i7 7700k
gpu- rxt 2080 evga
ram- 4 g-skill 32g
cooler - kraken

D

Deleted member 362816

What power supply do you have, GPU usage should be higher then 50-70% unless you have the framerate capped.

Jul 10, 2022
to desktop.

update. did some more testing my CPU was being under power I don't know how this became to be, since I haven't changed any settings or anything. Giving the CPU more volt seem to have fixed the 100% usage at the same time now the GPU is now being underutilized, with 1%-10% giving the CPU most of the work. no crashes yet. I've booted up some benchmarks and it doesn't crash within 20sec, I can actually run a full cycle without crashing. had to download msi afterburner to utilize my GPU. I've been wondering what could have casted the CPU to be underutilized/underpowered.

TRENDING THREADS