Question Is my cpu the probable cause of my computer freezing?

Mar 3, 2021
Hello, lately my computer has been freezing at random times. It does not matter what I am doing, it just freezes. I could be idle, playing a game, on a website, etc. it will still freeze on me and the only way to get it back to work is by holding down the power button and turning my pc back on. I thought it was my ram for some reason, but I ran the memtest86 and it came back fine, no errors. I swapped ram from my old pc and it still froze on me. So not the ram. I also swapped gpu's from my other pc, and still froze. I can't test my motherboard or cpu because I don't have extras. I haven't tested my psu but i really don't think it is causing the freezes. I have reset my computer by going to the settings and choosing the "reset this pc" and erasing everything. That still didn't help. I was thinking of completely wiping the pc by reinstalling windows and all the drivers, but I don't think that would help. At this point I think it's a hardware issue and not a software issue. I think it might be my cpu. Here is a little info on how I use my cpu. I play games a lot on my computer like Apex Legends and Call of Duty. Those games make my cpu reach 100%, but my temperatures are fine, around 100F. I wonder if always playing those games made my cpu start failing since my cpu would mainly be around 100%. Other than playing games I don't do much besides do homework and just browse around on the internet.

Here is my hardware
CPU: i5-9600K
Motherboard: Asus prime z390-a
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 super 6gb
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w T2
SSD: Western Digital 1TB
HDD: Seagate barracuda 2TB

Thanks guys!

Mar 15, 2021
What RAM Frequency? Do you overclock the RAM?

Also, does this crash occur while playing games and surfing the web, and you get the screen freezing WITH buzzing sounds?

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
I had the same problem with my almost same setup.
I5 9600k all core oc 4,9ghz
Gtx 1650 super oc 4gig
4x4gig ram 2666mhz.
Z390m gaming mobo.
My gpu would overheat. Then my pc will either freeze or restart without waring.

How is your cpu and gpu temps?