[SOLVED] Is my CPU too hot?

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
I've been looking at my temperatures and started noticing my CPU jumps from 30c to 40c randomly while browsing the web and not putting it under load, is this normal? I have a 2200g being cooled by an Arctic Freezer 33 Esports ONE, are these normal temperatures or are the random jumps in temperature normal?

As of typing this I only have 5 tabs and MSI Afterburner open and I'm sitting at 33c

Solution
Yes, that is normal. As long as you don't ever see maximum core or package temps go above 80°C under full load conditions, then you are fine. For what it's worth, browsing IS putting it under a load, even if it's a mild load and doesn't require a lot of resources for a single tab.

Multiple tabs, especially on pages with many ads or video content, use more resources than you think especially with newer browsers that use prediction to try and speed up browsing by guessing where you will go or click next.

Regardless, those temps are normal. If you see things start getting around 80°C, under any conditions, then you might want to start worrying about cooling configuration.
Yes, that is normal. As long as you don't ever see maximum core or package temps go above 80°C under full load conditions, then you are fine. For what it's worth, browsing IS putting it under a load, even if it's a mild load and doesn't require a lot of resources for a single tab.

Multiple tabs, especially on pages with many ads or video content, use more resources than you think especially with newer browsers that use prediction to try and speed up browsing by guessing where you will go or click next.

Regardless, those temps are normal. If you see things start getting around 80°C, under any conditions, then you might want to start worrying about cooling configuration.

Solution

mtracy1991

Reputable
I've been looking at my temperatures and started noticing my CPU jumps from 30c to 40c randomly while browsing the web and not putting it under load, is this normal? I have a 2200g being cooled by an Arctic Freezer 33 Esports ONE, are these normal temperatures or are the random jumps in temperature normal?

As of typing this I only have 5 tabs and MSI Afterburner open and I'm sitting at 33c

Hi Peiguy, since it's a Ryzen processor, except temperatures like this. However, it's pretty much normal. Multiple variables such as room temperature, airflow, and other entities are applied to temperatures. If the temperatures rise up beyond 60 degrees Celsius and you're doing nothing, then I would be concerned. You can purchase a few additional fans for airflow if you'd like, just post up specs and we can help you gather good fans for airflow if you'd like.

Respectfully,

Mike T.

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
Just thermal conductivity as your processor does what it does it generates heat then the heat transfers to your cooler etc. Spikes are normal as others have said it's the temps being constantly high over 80 c under load doing heavy tasks or very high when not doing nothing just leaving it idle on the desktop then there would be something to be concerned about 🙂