[SOLVED] Is my CPU underperforming?

Jun 5, 2020
I have an AMD Ryzen 3700x with a 2080 super and play CSGO at max settings. I notice at times (not everytime) that places like mirage bombsite A when theres alot of activity like players and smoke that my FPS dips into the 100s. Im usually in the 200s or 300s for fps. Is this normal or am I over worrying?

Solution
I have a 2080 super and AMD Ryzen 3700x. On csgo I usually pull 200s-300s max settings and 1440p. My concern is that sometimes during a match when theres alot happening my FPS CAN dip into 100s, it isnt all the time. Is this normal or am i over worrying.

That sounds normal to me - the very high frame rates you see for CS:GO are usually done at 'competitive' settings (i.e. even with your hardware they would turn everything to minimum to get the frame rates as high as possible). I think part of the reason is that frame rates can dip when things get busy (which is usually not really tested in reviews), as well as the fact very high fps results in lower input latency for best aiming accuracy.
Jun 5, 2020
I have a 2080 super and AMD Ryzen 3700x. On csgo I usually pull 200s-300s max settings and 1440p. My concern is that sometimes during a match when theres alot happening my FPS CAN dip into 100s, it isnt all the time. Is this normal or am i over worrying.

That sounds normal to me - the very high frame rates you see for CS:GO are usually done at 'competitive' settings (i.e. even with your hardware they would turn everything to minimum to get the frame rates as high as possible). I think part of the reason is that frame rates can dip when things get busy (which is usually not really tested in reviews), as well as the fact very high fps results in lower input latency for best aiming accuracy.

Solution
Also they run at 1080p.

OP, what's your RAM situation?

Jun 5, 2020
ah ok thank you

RealBeast

Titan
I have an AMD Ryzen 3700x with a 2080 super and play CSGO at max settings. I notice at times (not everytime) that places like mirage bombsite A when theres alot of activity like players and smoke that my FPS dips into the 100s. Im usually in the 200s or 300s for fps. Is this normal or am I over worrying?
Your system is better than most of the other players, but your Internet connection might not be. You are using an Ethernet cable, right?

Jun 5, 2020
In CSGO on places like mirage bombsite A my FPS can drop to 100s from 200s or 300s when a lot of activity is happening. I play at all max settings and 1440p and have an AMD Ryzen 3700x and 2080