Question Is my Crucial RAM module fake or Crucial support don't know?

foroomate

Honorable
May 18, 2018
I bought a laptop DDR4 from from AliExpress.

It has stickers on both sides.

On one side there is the following part number: CT8G4SFRA32A with Crucial logo

On the other side the following part number: MTA8ATF1G64HZ-3G2R1 with Micron logo

*Do Crucial laptop RAMs have stickers on both sides?

The agent said that it is not correct...? There also is a 6-digit "mater answer ial number", which the support agent said is linked to MTA8ATF1G64HZ-3G2R1.

He then escalated my case and I need to wait for an answer. I know Crucial belong to Micron, but why couldn't the Crucial support agent get a definitive answer? Also do Crucial RAM come with Micron stickers? I saw on Amazon reviews that sometimes yes and sometimes there isn't the micron sticker at all on this laptop ram. But maybe more people there bought fake ones?

Thanks

foroomate

Honorable
May 18, 2018
put in the laptop and use cpuz
Do Crucial RAM suppose to show up as Crucial in CPU-Z, or Micron? I'm not kinda scared to put them in the laptop :D

Please include images of the ram modules alongside their stickered info.

I bought a laptop DDR4 from from AliExpress.
Kind of moot asking now after the purchase, IMHO.

Do Crucial laptop RAMs have stickers on both sides?
Last I checked, it was on one side.

On Amazon customer reviews images, some people seem to get stickers on both sides as well (like mine, micron on one side and Crucial on the other side).

Here are 3 images of my RAM (Removed serial numbers):

View: https://imgur.com/a/jX2hVLC

Apr 17, 2023
It is difficult to determine whether a RAM module is fake without physically inspecting it. However, Crucial support should be able to verify the authenticity of their own products. It is best to contact Crucial support directly and provide them with the necessary information and proof of purchase for them to investigate the authenticity of your RAM module.

Reactions: foroomate

foroomate

Honorable
May 18, 2018
I got a reply from both Crucial and Micron both saying that it's probably fake :/
Also compare the PCB to actual Crucial CT8G4SFRA32A on customer review images on Amazon and the PCB is different

foroomate

Honorable
May 18, 2018
Last edited:

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Can't confirm validity but it is a real part number. 3rd item in the drop-down. The font on the label does look suspicious though (Blue CRUCIAL Side). Black font looks blocky ans sloppily printed. If it was from a 3rd party seller don't chance it.

And Crucial is a Micron brand BTW.

Last edited:
Reactions: foroomate

foroomate

Honorable
May 18, 2018
thank you @sycoreaper , yes I know they are a Micron brand, but I'm curious if the Crucial sticker itself is a fake because the font is very bold compared to all images I found online(Amazon reviews for example), and all the images have 2 QR codes on the Crucial sticker and I only have on the left (I just removed it here) so maybe they tried to fake an OEM Micron to be sold as Crucial ?