Question Is my current fan setup viable? Liquid cooling

Feb 12, 2019
Okay so, I have two fans on either side of my Radiator blowing air from outside the chassis inwards, two fans at the top of my pc blowing air inwards and two fans in the front blowing inwards, does this work?
Or should my rad fans be blowing outwards (so the air leaves the pc)?
Edit the two fans at the top are exhaust, blowing out as pointed out by "taeioum"

Pictures
https://ibb.co/8gntQnh

https://ibb.co/9qF8Sq6

https://ibb.co/5RG6Znp

Last edited:
Personally I would change that but let me say that this question is very computer case related. Some computer cases will work better or worse with your current setup.

You have 2 fans blowing air in your case from the front, I would use the rear and top fans as exhaust fans (it currently seems as if your top fans are exhaust fans, not intake fans). I've had the same fan placements, but I had negative pressure (more air exiting case as coming into it), so in my case it was best to actually remove the rear fan. That's not possible for you, as one fan is part of your AIO. You could experiment taking one of the two top fans out to see if that will average out internal pressure but again, this what works best is specific to your computer case. You could look into trying to apply better cable management.

Feb 12, 2019
You could look into trying to apply better cable management.

This is true, I bought it used and the previous owners cable management has caused me many headaches, atm best I can do is zip tie them tmrw to the frame..

You are correct it looks like the top fans are blowing out (exhaust), I didn't realize...
So that means my two fans on the rad are blowing inwards, two infront are blowing inwards, two on top are blowing outwards..

So if I'm understanding correctly, you would flip the two rad fans to exhaust rather than intake? Leaving the only intakes the two fans in the front?

Temp monitors seem to show a steady 44°C cpu while not gaming.

Last edited:
That's a good question. For a moment there I forgot that the rear fan has your AIO rad included. The current layout suggests that your CPU is getting the coolest air possible (from outside the case) which should be ideal for CPU temps. But 44 degrees celcius idle sounds a bit high. Granted it's a small AIO, so maybe it's a bit dusty. You can try flipping the direction of the rear fans but it's currently set up so that it should be coolest for the CPU, though it's quite high. If you'd flip the fans around, the temperature should really only increase should increase on your CPU in your situation. It should be cooler for your graphics card however......

Feb 12, 2019
Yeah played around with it for abit, I think you're right, the current setup is pretty viable...

So that led me to think the WC may be old and needing replacement, perhaps the pump or the thermal paste is failing, I'll replace with a new WC altogether and see if that helps, I'll update and if that's the case I'll mark as solved :)

Really appreciate the help "taeioum"