[SOLVED] is my current PSU good enough to handle a gtx 1660 super? gtx

Sep 29, 2020
Hi, hope you all are doing great, i have a current pc that i'm hoping to upgrade in the next month, but i have the doubt if i should upgrade the PSU as well, my current PSU is: https://www.evga.com/products/specs/psu.aspx?pn=e087def7-e9a3-4c5d-97d4-e1f457c86d60, the new parts i'm hoping to get is a ryzen 5 3600 and a gtx 1660 super, will this PSU handle both things or should i upgrade it? is just because the PSU prices are over the place that i will like to know if i could keep my current PSU or if its not a good quality one, thanks in advance for your response, have a great day.

Solution
i bought that PSU almost 2 years ago, i don't wanna risk having a bad PSU to handle the pc, if its not a good quality one which should i replace it with? because almost all the PSU are like double the price they used to be
It's not bad, just OK. For a 1660 I wouldn't be too worried, if it's a couple years old too you've still got another years warranty too. Just if you want to ensure security longer term, you'll want to get something with a bit more quality IMO.

Even a Corsair CX (gray model) would be a bit better without bursting the bank. But I'd hold onto that one for now to be honest. OK/mediocre doesn't mean bad. If you were running any higher GPU I'd definitely say upgrade. Just you might want to upgrade eventually.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
i bought that PSU almost 2 years ago, i don't wanna risk having a bad PSU to handle the pc, if its not a good quality one which should i replace it with? because almost all the PSU are like double the price they used to be
It's not bad, just OK. For a 1660 I wouldn't be too worried, if it's a couple years old too you've still got another years warranty too. Just if you want to ensure security longer term, you'll want to get something with a bit more quality IMO.

Even a Corsair CX (gray model) would be a bit better without bursting the bank. But I'd hold onto that one for now to be honest. OK/mediocre doesn't mean bad. If you were running any higher GPU I'd definitely say upgrade. Just you might want to upgrade eventually.

Solution