Question Is my custom gaming pc compatible for HACKINTOSH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MixSinghItUp

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
Alright so I'm entirely new to Hackintosh-ing... if that makes sense, lol.
I always knew what it was, but this is my first time attempting to do anything with it, anyway, I have a gaming pc that I built, but I didn't think about creating a Hackintosh at the time.

My question is, is my PC compatible?

The parts I'm using are:
Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero Motherboard
Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz Quad-Core Desktop Processor
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 1046MHZ w/ ACX Cooler 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Corsair Vengeance Lowprofile 8GB 2X4GB DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Kit
EVGA Supernova NEX650G 650W Fully Modular ATX EPS12V Power Supply 80PLUS Gold
WD Caviar Black Drive 1TB HDD
Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2 Silentwings CPU Cooler

I'm currently using my WD Black Drive for Windows, I have an older hard drive that I'd like to use for the Hackintosh if possible. It is a Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9, it only runs at 1.5GB/s, but I don't really care about that.

I understand that you have to change some sort of boot option in my BIOS in order to create a Hackintosh, will that interfere with my current hard drive running Windows 8?

I primarily want to use my Hackintosh for producing music on Garageband or Logix Pro X.

If it is compatible, I understand that you need things called kexts and such to get certain things working. Could someone please help me with all of that?

Thanks in advance!

MixSinghItUp

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

I know I can run OSX in VM, but I'd rather just have a separate hard drive towards OSX, if possible.

If I did run it in VM, would I have to allocate a certain amount of hard drive space to the VM for OSX? And would it run as if I were dual booting, not from my BIOS, but from Windows, would all of my stuff be saved?

I'm not the best with Virtual Machines... lol

MixSinghItUp

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

Alright, that's cool. Won't my PC have driver issues though? That's the reason why I'm asking if it's compatible with OSX to create a Hackintosh

MixSinghItUp

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

By generic you mean...? Will it load my graphics card and motherboard drivers? all I really need is to be able to see and hear lol.

Which VM would your recommend?

MixSinghItUp

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

Cool, and if I were to delete the VM, along with OSX and whatnot, does all of the hard drive capacity that was used by the VM because available again? say 200 gb my hard drive was taken by the VM, and i deleted it, would the 200 gb become usable again?

EdgeT

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Obviously :p. Don't forget to backup first. Easiest way to do it would be thru the network (between the VM and the host). Type "Virtualization basics" into Google, it should give you a good idea about the concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.