Question Is my Cx750m good for my PC? (Newer version, grey label)

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Here are my specs.

Ryzen 2700x
Rtx 2070 super
16gb of ram @ 3200mhz
Msi b450 tomahawk
Samsung 860 evo 500gb
2tb hdd
Cx750m psu (newer version, grey label)

Everything seems to be working fine, I just notice at times when gaming my psu gets a little loud. Not crazy loud but you can tell the fan is working. It's not always as loud at times, it comes and goes. Its not making any weird noises or anything either. My temps are fine and my cpu and gpu usage are good as well. I know that this psu isnt the best quality or quietest but I just want to make sure that I'm not overworking it too much. I assume the louder fan noise is just because it's a louder psu and not that it's getting dangerously hot.

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Ok, I might eventually switch out my psu for a higher quality one I just wanted to make sure I wasnt running into any problems. How easy would it be to switch out my psu if I wanted to upgrade? I'm new to building pcs so I'm not sure how difficult it would be.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
It is fairly simple.
Just be sure to plug all the new cables into the exact same plugs and components as the old cables were in.
You could take some pictures of all the cables at both ends Before you remove the old PSU just to be safe.

Just to clarify, DMAN999 is referring to the device end. For example the plug going into the motherboard or the hard drive. Reusing the modular cables from your old PSU is playing with fire. They are usually incompatible with each other and can damage your hardware if you don't know what you are doing.

In short, use the cables come with your new PSU. Don't reuse the old ones.

Reactions: DMAN999