[SOLVED] Is my desktop being bottlenecked?

Feb 22, 2019
Hey guys and gals, so I'm not 100% sure of whether or not my pc is being bottlenecked so I'm just going to lay down all my specs and hope that someone with knowledge of this topic could assist me

Specs:
- OS on an HDD (getting SSD one day)
[GPU] Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB
[RAM] 8GB DDR4 (HyperX Fury 2666 MHz)
[CPU] i5 7500 Quad Core @ 3.4GHz
[MOBO] MSI H110M PRO-VH PLUS
[Display] Some old ass monitor that can do 60fps

I mainly use this setup for mid-tier gaming and I care more about performance than looks (but only for competitive games such as CS, Battlefield, etc) but for solo games such as Witcher and Dark Souls, I care more about looks than frames.
Yes I know a weird combination

Many Thanks in advance <3

Solution
Ya I would try troubleshooting before going straight to new components. You should be fine for 1080p/60hz for sure.

Would check temperatures - dust, fans working at correct speeds, etc. A fresh install is also a good idea along with an SSD.

Try running the hard drive manufacturer's scanning tool to look for errors. If none found, can try to move to a different sata port and using a different sata cable.
Feb 22, 2019
That should be good. Is it behaving in some way that it shouldn’t?

Yeah, as of late it has been very slow to boot up and when playing games such as CS or Battlefield it has extreme graphical tears and drops anything from 10-40 frames when I die or am looking at an area that has many enemies or explosions go off.
I also am running the newest drivers for my card (19.2.2)
But I'll be formatting my pc soon and hopefully it will fix my problem

Ya I would try troubleshooting before going straight to new components. You should be fine for 1080p/60hz for sure.

Would check temperatures - dust, fans working at correct speeds, etc. A fresh install is also a good idea along with an SSD.

Try running the hard drive manufacturer's scanning tool to look for errors. If none found, can try to move to a different sata port and using a different sata cable.

Solution